Friday, February 13, 2009

Parade of Noise

02.03.09 Tuesday

Hard to believe a week has passed already since I began this trek. It really has flown by. Today we jeeped it from Ranthambore to the city of Bundi, about a 3 ½ hour drive. We were greeted with a once a year parade they hold for some God--there were lots of camels and decorative horses and excited children.


We went to a deep stepwell as we walked through the town, which if I am getting this right, was built by a junior queen for a senior queen after she had her first son. In the past, the wells were used for water for the people in Bundi, but now are mostly dry and visited by tourists and are the home for many, many, many bats.


We also walked to the beautiful Taragarh Fort (which had more swing beds). Cows and monkeys were in abundance as per the norm (I still love it, though). I petted my first Indian cow today as well.

A stroll through the vegetable market earned me a free red chili pepper from a vendor, and I got to channel my inner-samurai by wielding a large sword.



We wrapped the day hanging out in the veranda/garden of our hotel which was beautiful, though I am a bit disappointed they would not show me how to turn on the fountain.

My cold seems to be dissipating some, and looking forward to camping tomorrow and taking a general class train for the first time. This could, indeed, be a day filled with adventure.

Senor gets a little love pat.

2 comments:

Angifreak said...

I'm so glad you've got internet again! I really look forward to your updates; although today when I came here, I thought I had gone back in time... and then I remembered that no, I don't drive a DeLorean.

Leah Fo Shizzle Bizzle said...

I SOOOO wish I had a DeLorean! hahaha, or at least a time transporter. We have to work on that patent, girl.