
On Sunday, on scarcely four hours of sleep, I ventured up to a quaint little place outside Evergreen, CO for a nice morning hike. Karoline accompanied me, along with Annie, Randy, baby Cozy and pups Bijou and Bodin.
Well, we thought Cozy was coming, but as you can tell from this picture of Annie, it was really just Ghost Baby that was along.
Once we got to the summit of our hike, it was time to take
a nice family pic of the Kinney's. Which pic do you like better? I can't decide if it is the Kinney's watching the pup drink out of the puddle, or the more stoic Colorado outdoorsy family pic:

Oh yes and Karoline and I were hiking it up too, be assured. She comes off completely sane here, while I am being attacked by dogs. Maybe they are attracted to the orange?!?!


After our hike we went to Cactus Jack's Saloon in Evergreen, for some killer burgers. Karoline and I stuck around and were treated to some fabulous, free bluegrass music. And I kid you not, one of the guys played the Mouth Trumpet! Seriously he was still playing guitar, but was playing the mouth trumpet amazingly well. I never knew such talent existed. Totally and completely impressed that a trumpet sound could come out of someone's mouth unassisted like that. Sadly, I had left my camera in the car. Quite the great day overall though--hiking, eating, bluegrass music, and beers outside in the sun in a mountain town! Ahhhh. Wonderful. Makes you all far away want to come visit I do imagine ?! :)
2 comments:
You are such a hiking studette!!! If only I was in such good shape... Oh, and I love the mouth trumpet. Rock on... :)
Sounds like you had a blast!
And oh I love the ghost baby pic. Thats so cute. Hahahhaha.
Post a Comment