Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Days 6-8 of my 13-Day B-Day Celebration

Day 6, Monday, 6/12/06: Kate gave me an awesome, amazing pink and green picnic basket, before she left for Telluride. I meant to take a pic but I forgot--I will try and update one tonight!

Day 7, Tuesday, 6/13/06: I went out for lunch with some super-fab co-workers for my B-Day--Renee, Katie, Tim, Danelle and Tracy. They are awesome and we had mexican food, as I love chips and salsa, and sat in very decorative chairs.
Later that night I played in my first sand volleyball game of the summer season, and our team totally dominated. Also, the Twins beat the Red Sox with a walk-off grandslam in the 12th inning. Talk about a great day!

Day 8, Wednesday, 6/14/06: Laura and I packed up my lil Hollywood (aka Ford Foucs or FUP 2) and headed down the highways for the 6 1/2 hour drive to Telluride, Colorado for the Bluegrass Festival. We arrived around 4:00 pm, found Kate and Adam, and set up camp. We enjoyed some delicious beans for supper and also met the fabulous Lackey family who we camped, danced and frolicked with for the next 5 days. That night we took a trip up the Gondola to the other side of the mountains to catch the nighttime view. Adam fell asleep, but I was WIDDDEEE awake. hahahah.

No comments: