Following the hike, I enjoyed a day of music, dancing, and whiskey in a waterbottle. Maggie and Justin also surprised me with a great cake, which all of us promptly demolished after watching Bonnie Raitt wrap up the first day of the festival. Bonnie's set was also responsible for me meeting a fine young man from San Fran, who helped grant me a birthday wish. I also saw Ryan Shupe and the Rubber Band play, who are an extremely fun live band, with fiddles and banjos and the like. All in all, a super-fab day!Wednesday, June 21, 2006
Day 9 of my 13-Day Birthday Celebration (or the Actual Birthday)
Day 9, Thursday, 6/15/06: This was my actual, real birthday, where I hit the big 2-7. HOLLA! It was a fabulous day, as many friends would yell out "Happy Birthday Leah!" or "It's Your Birthday!" Which of course, made me happy. Laura and Kate also made me a hippo b-day t-shirt which was quite fun. I went on a fabulous run that morning and then hiked to a waterfall. Here's a pic of me all up in the waterfall:
Following the hike, I enjoyed a day of music, dancing, and whiskey in a waterbottle. Maggie and Justin also surprised me with a great cake, which all of us promptly demolished after watching Bonnie Raitt wrap up the first day of the festival. Bonnie's set was also responsible for me meeting a fine young man from San Fran, who helped grant me a birthday wish. I also saw Ryan Shupe and the Rubber Band play, who are an extremely fun live band, with fiddles and banjos and the like. All in all, a super-fab day!
Following the hike, I enjoyed a day of music, dancing, and whiskey in a waterbottle. Maggie and Justin also surprised me with a great cake, which all of us promptly demolished after watching Bonnie Raitt wrap up the first day of the festival. Bonnie's set was also responsible for me meeting a fine young man from San Fran, who helped grant me a birthday wish. I also saw Ryan Shupe and the Rubber Band play, who are an extremely fun live band, with fiddles and banjos and the like. All in all, a super-fab day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Awwww, I love Ryan Shupe & the Rubberband!! They are so much fun... :)
Oh Happy Birthday Leah! Someone hit me on the head! Nanu and I totally forgot your birthday was coming. Looks like it was a fantastic, one-of-a-kind b'day this year. 13 whole days of celebration. Wow!
You live close to a waterfall?
nope i was in telluride, colorado, about 7 hours from denver--the waterfall was near where we were camping :)
Post a Comment