Go ahead, give it a spin:
I've seen Greg Laswell perform twice this year, once in April at the Walnut Room in Denver with my friend Bridget, and then in Des Moines at the Mews on August 1st with my friend Tiff. Both of them trusted me enough to go to the show with me, and they both enjoyed it (though, they are probably not super fans like me).
Saturday he was playing at the venue near my house, The Bluebird, and I was on the list with a plus one. But I wasn't sure if I could make it, and ended up not, strangely enough, when he was literally in my backyard.
I also saw him--twice Saturday evening--once in my alley at around 5 p.m., and then again an hour later. For some reason, I didn't approach him and talk to him. Perhaps I am not the Super Fan I claim to be, but I didn't do it. And my friends are not sure why, and neither am I.
Maybe it's the fedora, maybe it's his beard, maybe it's that he incorporates Jim Beam in his lyrics, but I totally dig this dude's music, especially this song.
What a day to visit Seattle
What a day for San Francisco
What a day, holy Toledo
What a day to get in the air and go
What a day to give up smoking
What a day to have some Jim Beam
And what day to welcome a baby
to begin breathing
What a day for San Francisco
What a day, holy Toledo
What a day to get in the air and go
What a day to give up smoking
What a day to have some Jim Beam
And what day to welcome a baby
to begin breathing
No comments:
Post a Comment