Tuesday, November 02, 2010

I Will Follow You Into The Dark

Song of the Day: "I Will Follow You Into The Dark" by Death Cab for Cutie



My Arabic tutor's mom passed away yesterday after over a year battle with cancer, and a long-time close friend of my parents' passed away today after fighting ALS (Lou Gehrig's) Disease for four years.

Death Cab for Cutie isn't a favorite band of mine, but this song is beautiful.

Love of mine
Some day you will die
But I'll be close behind
I'll follow you into the dark

No blinding light
Or tunnels to gates of white
Just our hands clasped so tight
Waiting for the hint of a spark

If heaven and hell decide
That they both are satisfied
Illuminate the no's on their vacancy signs
If there's no one beside you
When your soul embarks
Then I'll follow you into the dark

No comments: