
And he does it again.
I love Yorvit Torrealba (as every one of my friends who knows my love for the Rockies is aware of). He's the manager of the Rockies on the field as their catcher, and has come up big at key times in the playoffs. Last night, he was the star as the Rockies came up with a 4-1 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks to take a 3-0 lead in the National League Championship Series, thanks to his 3-run homer in the 6th inning. And he dedicated the shot to his grandma.
How sweet it is.

As a kid growing up watching the Minnesota Twins, I learned to love baseball. I still have the Homer Hanky from the '87 series, and some Wheaties boxes featuring the team back home at my parent's house.
But to enjoy this as an adult, to have a team you love doing so well, is pure joy. The Rockies became my National League team when I moved here a little over four years ago, and I still say, every time I go into Coors Field, with a big, goofy grin on my face: "I love this place. It's the best place in Denver. Maybe the best place in the world. Smell those hot dogs. Look at that grass. I love it here."
And sitting there last night, in section 203, row 11, seat 19, wearing long underwear and my pink stocking cap and my Choo Freeman jersey, I did not want to be anywhere else in the world.
Tonight I'll go to the ballpark again, waving my foam finger with one hand and the rally-rag in the other, fingers crossed, hoping the boys can stretch it to 21-1 and earn the Rockies first every World Series berth.
I have chills just thinking about it.
It's not even noon and I wish I was down at the field right now. That's right people, I Believe.
For a great story in the Post about Yorvit, go here.
1 comment:
Here you are, going to all these games, in person, and I haven't even seen any of the games on TV...stinkin' TV stations. But seriously, glad you are there in all your foam fingered glory!
Post a Comment