Thursday, October 04, 2007

One Down

One down.

That's right folks.

Your Rockies came out triumphant yesterday over the Phillies in the Phillies own house. The doubters on TBS and every other sucka of a sports writer who doubted is eating their words right now.

I listened to the game on the radio in my office yesterday. It is actually very exciting to listen to baseball on the radio--and I would argue, more intense, than watching on the tele.

Until Manny Corpas' final pitch I was moaning and making other painful noises until my co-worker Renee stuck her head into my office to make sure I hadn't choked on any raisins.

My boy Yorvit Torrealba had a single (please enjoy the fabulous pic of him below from yesterday's game) and I got to hear him be interviewed in the post-game. Oh Yorvit, I know you really want to play catch with me sometime.

You can bet I will be glued to the radio again starting at 1:07 p.m. today to see how my Rox fair in Game 2.

GO ROCKIES!

And for an entertaining article about the pain that the love for the Rockies can induce, and discussion of beards (which I am ALWAYS in favor of) check out Adam Clayton Holland's Article in the Westword today.

No comments: