Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Damien Rice

The new Damien Rice album, 9, comes out today, but I had a preview thanks to Bridget.

The track I like best is a B sides not on the album

"The Rat within the Grain"

Lyrics link above. The first few verses:

"This would not have happened if I hadn't missed my plane
I would've been there when they told you I'm the rat within the grain
Within this big misunderstanding out and being misunderstood
I'm thinkin' someone's trying to fuck with me and set fire to my wood

Well I wouldn't want you to want to be wanted by me
I wouldn't want you to worry you'd be drowned within my sea
I only wanted to be wonderful, and wonderful is true
In truth, I only really wanted to be wanted by you"

Check it out if you can. Sorry I don't have a link to the song here. I'll see if I can remedy that.

1 comment:

Mystik Spiral said...

Awww, I LOVE The Rat Within The Grain. Hope you enjoyed the album... I think it's great. Sorry we hardly saw each other tonight... I got home around 10:30 and have been listening to Decemberists since then... need to go to sleep... lol.