Wednesday, August 27, 2008

And wait, that's not all for Tuesday

We left the Watch Fest before watching, so Patti, Laura and I viewed Hillary's speech from the comfort of the apartment with some wine. I thought it was well-delivered and a great choice for an orange pants suit!

After our little watch party, I picked up Mbayja and we decided to check out some action downtown. We ended up at Theorie, which some of you Denverites will know as the former Denver Real World house. We ended up talking to a 25-year-old delegate from Minnesota who is an Iraq War Vet and was SUPER and I mean he was SUPER excited to be at the convention. Also had an interesting chat with a fellow from New Zealand who was in Denver on business and had never been to the states before, but was fascinated by the high level of interest in politics here; especially the protesters aspect, the large number of police, and the general hoopla. I was pleased to learn he found Americans overall more friendly than he anticipated, plus, he bought me a Manhattan.

Of course, Mbayja and I had to get our pix taken on the red carpet. Naturally.

No comments: