Thursday, January 11, 2007

Merlot Pollo



When I got home from work tonight, I thought it would be a great idea to see what Betty Crocker suggested for dinner, based on what I had in the house.


I tried to make this Chicken Nice dish, but I didn't have most what Betty recommended. So instead of white wine, I used leftover Merlot, and instead of rice, I used a tortilla, and came up with some delightful Merlot Pollo fantastico.



Directions:

  • Throw in whatever red wine you have

  • Sautee some chicky in that

  • Take out the chicky

  • Add, red, yellow, and green onions; Red, yellow, and green bell peppers, and some squash from New Year's Eve for good measure

  • Throw in some Italian seasoning, and half a jalapeno pepper for good measure

  • Toss the chicky back in

  • Wrap it in a tortilla and serve!

  • and....Voila! Merlot Pollo Fantastico.


It actually tasted quite fantastic, don't hate til you try it darlings.

1 comment:

Mystik Spiral said...

this would be awesome if i wasn't a vegetarian. do you think it might work with tofu? and also, why am i not in bed asleep yet?!?