Yes, it's true. It was announced today that
Denver will be the site for the
2008 Democratic National Convention. So exciting! In years past I used to very interested in politics, having internships in D.C. a few times. I feel the political embers stirring inside me with this announcement. I can picture myself getting caught up in the hype--being in the Pepsi Center as the signs are being waved and the confetti flying.
Remnants of past student government and college political science classing stirring?
Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps.
Regardless, it is great for Denver and Colorado economically, destined to bring in tourism dollars. And I can't help but be excited that I may be around here then to share in the political
rambunctiousness! It's only been
100 years since the last time D-Town hosted a convention, after all.
3 comments:
yay - i'm excited too! did you know that i used to be treasurer for the denver green party? it's true. anytime anything remotely resembling liberalism enters colorado is a cause to celebrate!!
BLUE STATE! BLUE STATE! BLUE STATE! I SAY "BLUE!" YOU SAY "STATE!" BLUE STATE! BLUE STATE!
hey did you change the way your blog looks? :)
Post a Comment