Monday, January 09, 2006

New Year's Resolutions


So it seems to be the time of year people like to make New Year's Resolutions. I have resolved to be like one of the pack and set some of my own. They are, as follows:

1. To kiss people on the cheek in greeting and departure. It's so very European. I love it! However I haven't done it at all yet. I chicken out.

2. To work the song "If I Could Turn Back Time" by Cher more into my daily life and keep it on the top of the list of karaoke numbers, while helping others realize its greatness. Also, I love the song "Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard" by Paul Simon. I might even learn that on the guitar. You should love it, too.

3. To floss more (thanks to Stacy 3000 for the inspiration there)

4. To go to the Rodeo (well this isn't really a resolution but I made it one cuz I am going on Friday and then I will already have fulfilled one resolution in the first two weeks of the year and that should motivate me the rest of the year. AHHH yeah we call that STRATEGY!!!)

5. Be healthier (i.e. stop going through the Wendy's Drive-Thru at 11 at night yelling "I want a spicy chicken samwitch with NO MAYO!! I said NO MAYO!!!" and then eating it in 4 minutes flat).

6. Number 6 goes with Number 5: eat fewer chips. Most of you know I love chips, especially Doritos and Black Pepper and Salt Kettle Chips. I am resolving to eat them in moderation. Or just when I am by myself and no one else can see.

7. Research a new car and possibly even buy one!!! Though the Taurus is a rare and distinct example of an automotive gem.

8. Paint more. Any who have seen my work know that we need more arty goodness like it in this crazy world.

9. Eat More Bacon!!! (everything is better with bacon)

10. All the rest are too secret to share. SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about your "dating strategy?"

Leah Fo Shizzle Bizzle said...

ah yes I do need to come up with one of those... I welcome any and all ideas that can be brought to the table