Monday, December 19, 2005

Bye Bye, TiVo


Today was tough. After a 3 month relationship, starting off rocky but smoothing out considerably, I said goodbye to my TiVo. Well, the TiVo was never really mine in the first place, I had it because an old prof at Indiana University sent it to me after I agreed to record and burn to DVD a bunch of TV for a Public Service Announcement study he was working on.
The main glitch though--now that the recording is over, I had to ship it via FedEx back to Indiana. It was sad, truly, because the TiVo was very Colorado, it never recorded any Indiana NasCar but was all about Grey's Anatomy and it liked to play outdoorsy movies. I have made an illustration to show how bummed I am about no more TiVo, and also wrote a song.

The TiVo's Gone (sing this in a sad, country music sorta style)

It hasn't been long
since the TiVo's been gone
but I'm really really sad
So I wrote this song

We had a good run
it was real real fun
skipping commercials and pausing
It was really number one

But now the TiVo's gone
Now we don't even like to turn the TV on
well, we still do, but not as much.

The End



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did someone say country music? Tear! Now you have a Tive sized hole in your life that you will have to fill ....

Anonymous said...

Oh, not the Tivo! You can have mine when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers. TV just isn't worth it without my trusty Tivo.

Oh, and I LUURVVE the illustrations

Anonymous said...

I like your orange phat pants! Not just for ravers anymore... - Kristin

Leah Fo Shizzle Bizzle said...

Laughing--the orange fat pants wearer is supposed to be laura cuz she has longer hair than me, hahaha I am going to have to work on my phat drawing skillz!