Thursday, July 24, 2008

Bienvenidos a Peru

We made it to Peru! A bit early and without any problems. My friend from Denver, Catia, who is from Peru arranged for her parents to meet us at the airport, and they even had a sign with my name on it, but we were a little early so they did not get to use it. Her parents, Jorge and Karla, were so nice and got us two taxis to our hostel in Miraflores, aways away from the airport.

Our hostel is very fun and has a lot of character; I'll try and post some pix at some point. They have dos paredes (walls) with tons of pictures of other turistas who have stayed here in the past, as well as posters, shells, cameras and some musical instruments.

Nothing too out of the ordinary as far as the travels thus far, besides slight confusion in Mexico City as to how to get to the terminal for our Lima flight.

I forgot on International flights you get free booze; I had some nice whiskey yesterday afternoon on the plane, as well as diet coke and cafe. I love vacation! Besides the fact I have had the same clothes on for 24 hours, things are good.

(Oh and there are fake flowers planted next to the computer I am at; Me gusta Peru!"

4 comments:

Lizzie said...

I didn't know you were traveling to Peru, excellent!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! I can't wait to hear all about your trip and see some pictures.

PJ said...

Oh how fun! You must post pictures!

Mystik Spiral said...

I'm so jealous! I hope your flight attendant(s) visited you more often on your international flight than mine did on the way to Africa...