Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Obama!

I saw Barack Obama speak today in D-Town, and it was very inspirational.

This pic is from my cell phone--obviously I was pretty far from the podium--but I have a few more I will try and post later on.


Obama was motivating, engaging, and funny, referring to the fact that in November, George W. Bush will not be on the ballot, nor Obama's "cousin," Dick Cheney.

Some info from an MSNBC article. I should have took a picture of the long lines outside!

"Eighteen thousand people showed up to see Obama in Denver, the site of the 2004 Democratic national convention and what Democrats see as a state that could go the Democrats' way in 2008. Obama spoke to an overflow crowd of 4,500 at an adjacent gym, and also addressed a second overflow crowd of several thousand at the university's lacrosse stadium. The Denver Broncos' Rod Smith and Federico Pena, the former mayor of Denver, were also on hand and spoke to Obama's ability to bring change."

3 comments:

Mystik Spiral said...

Oh, lord, if Colorado goes Democrat in 2008 it will be reason enough to have a big, big, big party. I'll bring chips. And bourbon.

Leah Fo Shizzle Bizzle said...

chips and bourbon are two of my favorite things!
It will be so.

Lizzie said...

He's going to be in MSP this weekend, today in fact, if I remember correctly. No tickets still available though.
I'm really looking forward to see what happens this summer for the Republican national convention...but I'm also planning an escape route just in case.