Friday, December 08, 2006

Bacon Tini

My friend Peeps sent me this lil ditty which I find FABULOUS. Please read below


I think New York City should change its nickname to the city that never sleeps (cause they are too busy coming up with new trends).
Leave it to the Big Apple to come up with the hottest drink ingredient around, Bacon. The Bacon Martini and the Bacon Bloody Mary are popping up all over the place in NYC.
From Williamsburg to (no surprise) the trendy Meatpacking District, hipsters are going Hog Wild for bacon infused drinks, which have obviously replaced the pomegranate and lychee martinis as the drink du jour.
Just like anything else, what happens in New York, shows up in Vegas.
So next time you are in New York City or on the Vegas (bacon) Strip give this shock-tail a try.
Or if you want to “bring home the bacon” you can infuse a bottle of vodka yourself."


Now I have not tried the Bacon Martini, but of course, I certainly will sometime. So I can't weigh in on it yet, but I hope to soon.


Here is a flickr set from some dude with some comments from people:


And here is a fun NY Post article about the bacon martini and martinis in general (NYC focused, I must admit).

No comments: