In addition, between the end of the show and the encore, she let a couple come on stage (fairly young, early 20's for sure) and the dude proposed to the chick right there on stage, he said after only knowing her 4 months. I'm generally not a fan of such public displays of proposal, but they were little punk rocker kiddies and it was actually quite cute as she (the chica) was genuinely surprised about her man's plans. Oh and she said yes.
Highlights were "Fidelity," "Summer in the City," "Baby Jesus", "On the Radio" "Us," Samson," "Sailor Song," "Your Honor," "Hotel Song" and "Better" (Yes, I really like her latest CD). It was delightful, and I even met someone who recognized my nataliedee t-shirt.
Then, the first show of the weekend, on Saturday night, was Rocky Votolato at the Gothic. I've been listening to a lot of his stuff the past month and half since my lil bro burned me most of his music. Plus, his latest album is entitled "Makers" after my favorite whiskey, so I appreciate that. And towards the end of his set he took not one, but two shots of the tasty drink.
The crowd was a little big for his mainly solo guitar performance and songs, but most people were appreciating it, and he did rock out on some. I think most were there to see Lucero who I didn't stick around for, on account of being out a bit too late in my 'hood on Friday night.
Highlights were "Suicide Medicine", "Montana," "Makers" and "Mix Tapes / Cell Mates." I got there and I think he was two songs in, but I was able to slide up to the front with no issues and slide out after. Totally worth $13. And no one cared when I sang along, because most of them were, too. And you all now, I do like to sing.
1 comment:
Arrrggghhh... I am SO sorry about the weekend. Crazy few days for me. I'm glad you enjoyed the shows - I wish I hadn't missed them!!!!!
Post a Comment