Monday, September 25, 2006

Half Marathon!!!


September has been a bit of a flurry of activities (I hope to post some of the other happenings soon) but I decided to get an update out to everyone on this event sooner than later. Yesterday Kate, Liz, Annie K. and I ran the Boulder Backroads Half Marathon! (in Boulder, CO)

It was a beautiful day, and the course started right at the Boulder Reservoir, with the Flatirons and mountains giving us a great view as we ran. Overall, I placed 1,692nd out of 2024 participants. Of the women, I was 995th out of 1272, and in my age group I was 186th out of 229 women (ages 25-29). But, I didn't finish last, and I didn't walk, and I did it! This has been a big goal for me since I went from not running at all, to starting to run in January and doing my first 5K and 10K in May and now my first 1/2 marathon (13.1 miles) yesterday.

Here are some fun pix from yesterday. Stacy, Annie I. and Laura came from D-town to cheer us on. They are awesome. The above pic is me rushing for the finish line and trying to pass that dude in the orange. hahaha. Below, Kate, me and Liz celebrate our finish, Kate waves as she runs in, and Annie, baby Cozy and I all aglow in half marthon Domination!


3 comments:

Karoline said...

I'm so impressed!

Mystik Spiral said...

Wow - congratulations!! You are my hero... :)

YukonAnni said...

Wow!! Yay Leah!!! I guess our 20 km West Coast Trail mud-fest hike out to the sea lions was just the beginning, eh?!