Thursday, February 02, 2006

The Ground to the Hog Day


Happy Groundhog's Day!

I love groundhog's day. I love it so hard. One of my fave days of the year, hands down. I even bought flowers for myself in celebration.

Today Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania, so it looks like 6 more weeks of winter. However, it's been so freaking nice out here in Denver, who cares? Plus the mountains are getting tons of snow so it's totally fine with me if the winter hangs out for a bit longer (man I never thought I'd say that...I am becoming soooo outdoorsy!)

To get news of Phils prediction, just click here. Also here is a fabulous quote from that article, "Phil is incapable of error. If he says six more weeks of winter, you can take it to the bank," said Mike Johnston, one of the 15 members of the Groundhog Club Inner Circle in Punxsutawney, site of the annual Groundhog Day ceremony.

Also check out groundhogs.com for some more fun groundhog facts!

No comments: